January 1, 2023
You are asked to provide the correct answer to the following 20 questions. Credit 5 points for each correct answer. A grade of 80 indicates that you are brilliant. There are a couple of tough ones in this quiz.
- The first game played at Yankee Stadium occurred in what year?
- What is the age of the Sun?
- What was the earlier name (before 1846) of the city now called San Francisco?
- True or false: U.S. ground forces invaded Okinawa on April 1, 1945.
- True or false: Elvis Presley recorded his first song in 1963.
- What was the name of the planet Uranus prior to 100 years ago?
- John Glenn orbited what planet?
- The Bay of Pigs invasion occurred in what year?
- Who played for the New York Knicks, Brooklyn Dodgers, and New York Rangers during the 1950-60 time period?
- Who played Samson in Samson and Delilah?
- What two New York baseball teams played their last game in New York City in 1954?
- Name the author who recently initiated work on a book to be titled Hydrogen Energy.
- Name the newly elected Supervisor of the Town of North Hempstead.
- Who was the star of the movie The Wizard of Oz?
- What is the mathematic relationship between °F and °C?
- What is thoroughbred horse racing’s showcase race run on the first Saturday in May?
- Water boils at what temperature?
- What are the chemical symbols for hydrogen and helium?
- What Yankee baseballer was called “old reliable?”
- What two brothers from Rockaway Beach played basketball for the New York Knicks?
- Approximately 4.5 billion years.
- Yerba Buena.
- False, it was 1953 and the song was “My Happiness.”
- George; it was named after King George by a British astronomer.
- Earth on 1949.
- A tough one but a great trivia question. The organist Gladys Gooding.
- Victor Mature.
- New York Giants and Brooklyn Dodgers.
- Yours truly, of course. Naturally, I don’t know anything about the topic.
- Jennifer DeSena. TNH is now home to your favorite author.
- Judy Garland.
- °F = 1.8(°C) + 32
- The Kentucky Derby.
- 100°C or 212°F, but only at 1 atmosphere pressure.
- A Chemistry 101 question. H and He, respectively.
- Tommy Henrich.
- Dick and Al McGuire.
I’ll return with VIII later this year.
Visit the author at:
Basketball Coaching 101 @ Facebook
FEBRUARY 1: On A Hydrogen Energy Economy: An Insane Idea?
MARCH 1: ZZZABUU VII
APRIL 1: On Great Eats VII
MAY 1: On Purely Random, Pristine Thoughts XXVII
Lou:Great Stuff, Happy and Healthy New Year to you , Mary and the Family Joe Pell
Thanks for the kind comment. Happy New Year to your clan. Lou
Loved that the questions and answers on the same e mail. Happy New Year. Glad to still receive your e mails. Georgia