April 1, 2022
As indicated in the past, this has become one of my favorites. You are requested to provide the correct answer to the following 20 questions. Credit 5 points for each correct answer. A grade of 85 indicates that you are brilliant. Here we go once again with several of the questions related to baseball and yours truly.
- True or false: Queens was established in 1863.
- Who published his theory of relativity in 1915?
- Who authored “A pound of prevention is worth a pound of cure”?
- Who was the star of the movie “The Maltese Falcon”?
- What Baseball Hall of Famer recently had a street in Astoria named after him?
- Jingle Bells was the first holiday carol to be broadcast from what unique location in 1965?
- What is the currency of Greece?
- Who is the greatest baseball player of all time?
- What was the final score of Don Larson’s perfect World Series no-hitter?
- The age of the sun is approximately how many years?
- Project Independence is concerned with what county?
- What singing great from Astoria belted out “there’s no business like show business…”?
- What Baseball Hall of Famer was the only pitcher to beat Walter Johnson four times?
- Who was the first batter to bat at Yankee Stadium in 1923?
- What songwriter from Astoria wrote the tune Mary?
- What group gave their last full concert at Candlestick Park on 8/29/66?
- Who recently received a potable water patent that generates water from the flue gas produced following natural gas combustion?
- What web-based word game was recently sold to the New York Times?
- Name the author of a soon-to-be published book titled “Virology for Engineers and Applied Scientists”?
- Your favorite author was recently essentially barred by an administrator from attending basketball games at what school?
- It’s hard to believe but it is true.
- Albert Einstein. Interestingly, he did not receive his one and only Nobel Prize for this theory.
- Benjamin Franklin.
- Edward “Whitey” Ford.
- A tough one here: Space.
- It is not the drachma; the correct answer is the euro.
- Full credit here. I would guess Babe Ruth, Hank Aaron, and Mariano Rivera should get the most consideration.
- 4.5 billion years.
- Nassau County.
- Ethel Merman.
- Babe Ruth.
- A tough one: Whitey “Witt” Witkowski.
- George M. Cohen. Was he referring to my wife?
- The Beatles.
- You all should know this. It’s none other than your favorite author.
- Wordle, developed by Josh Wardle.
- Once again, your favorite author.
- Hofstra University.
I’ll return with another quiz late in the year.
Visit the author at:
Basketball Coaching 101 (Facebook)
MAY 1: On Hofstra’s 2021-22 Basketball Season (to be replaced)
JUNE 1: On ZZZabuu VI
JULY 1: On Great Eats V
Here are this month’s three offensive suggestions from the upcoming second edition of my “BASKETBALL COACHING 101” book.
- Practice one-on-one basketball under the basket.
- Practice one-on-one basketball from beyond or just inside the 3-point line.
- Practice various strategies for inbounding the basketball at various locations on the court and when one is free to move along the end-line.