February 1, 2021
As indicated in III, this has become one of my favorites. But, this one is a little different. It is solely political in nature and each statement to follow requires either a true or false answer. And, there is no correct answer … it is basically your call. The 40 comments to follow concern events/ actions that occurred during the 2016-2020 time period. You are asked to provide a true or false response.
I personally will not take a position on the results/grade of your true – false test. But, based on your number of true answers, I feel that you would be classified in one of the five categories:
- 0-8: a staunch liberal
- 9-16: a liberal
- 17-24: a moderate
- 25-32: a conservative
- 33-40: a staunch conservative
- The stock market increased at a near exponential rate, no doubt due to a turnaround robust economy, commitments to job creation, and a decline in poverty levels.
- Our nation is now classified as energy independent (remember the price of gasoline is now $2.00/gal)
- Contrary to earlier predictions, there was a return of manufacturing jobs.
- Black colleges and universities received an unprecedented increase in financial aid from the Federal government.
- The U.S. military prowess increased dramatically.
- The air, water, and land (soil) was never cleaner.
- Despite a departure from the Paris Peace Accord, CO2 emissions decreased below expectations.
- NAFTA was dissolved and replaced.
- New rules were put in place to stop the exploitation by China.
- Built nearly all the Southern wall and stopped illegal immigration across the Southern border.
- The majority of the public came to realize that the media was corrupt, self-serving, and un-American.
- The Washington establishment – consisting primarily of career bureaucrats, often referred to as “The Swamp” – was corrupt, self-serving, and un-American.
- Stopped the ISIS killing and torture.
- Several elements of the Obama Health Care Act were eliminated.
- Reduced the North Korean threat.
- For many citizens, there was a return of pride and love of country.
- Contrary to earlier predictions, our presence in foreign wars was significantly reduced.
- Abuses in veterans’ hospitals were significantly reduced.
- The COVID-19 pandemic was responsibly addressed medically and economically.
- Delivered ventilators and hospital beds immediately to an ill-prepared NYS.
- Delivered the COVID-19 vaccine in 7 ½ months, not 5-10 years (as predicted).
- Taxes were lowered for the middle class.
- The President was impeached based on a telephone conversation with a third-world country that was interpreted in a questionable manner.
- Unemployment levels for Blacks reached an all-time low.
- The Food Stamp Program was significantly reduced.
- Per capita wealth increased at a near exponential rate.
- Property values increased at a near exponential rate.
- Many companies, after moving abroad earlier, returned home.
- The MS-13 presence in our country was reduced.
- Eliminated the presence of ISIS in the Middle East.
- Our soldiers are now coming home.
- The Iranian threat was significantly reduced.
- Contrary to earlier concerns, no nuclear wars were initiated.
- The US was the first country to stop to and fro travel with China.
- Unemployment levels for Hispanics reached an all-time low.
- Unemployment levels for Asians reached an all-time low.
- Unemployment levels for women reached an all-time low.
- Contrary to failed promises from a host of past presidents, the US Embassy in Israel was relocated to Jerusalem.
- The economy and newly created jobs grew at an unprecedented and exponential rate.
- Contrary to the prediction of nearly all the bureaucrats, peace treaties were signed between Israel and several Arab nations.
How many true answers did you come up with? Where do you think Trump would be classified? Biden? Pelosi? Cuomo? Pence?
Note: For some of my fans, I recently co-authored an Amazon book ($7.99) titled “Virus Contacts”. The lead author is Ann Marie Flynn.
Visit the author at:
Basketball Coaching 101 (Facebook)
MARCH 1: On Technical Writing
APRIL 1: On Great Eats VI
MAY 1: On Hofstra’s 2020-21 Basketball Season
Here are this month’s three defensive suggestions from the upcoming second edition of my “BASKETBALL COACHING 101” book.
- Every shot, particularly of an “outside” variety, should be contested — unless you are the size (5’ 6”) of the author.
- Every attempt should be made to exploit your team’s defensive capabilities against the opponent’s offensive weaknesses.
- If fouls committed by your team are low relative to your opponent, substitute for your star or key players – assuming they need a breather anyway – since the officials are more prone to call “touch” fouls on your team.