November 1, 2016
JANUARY, 2009: “…I promise to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States…”. January, 2013: “…I promise to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States…”. So spoke Barack Hussein Obama (BHO) on those two occasions. JANUARY 2017: Who will utter these same words? And, which of the two candidates, unlike Barack Hussein Obama, is more likely to honor that promise? Interestingly, BHO also promised the electorate (twice) a transparent Administration, to abide by the rule of law, and to eliminate corruption. How many readers feel BHO honored these promises? And, which of the candidates is more likely to …
Election Day will arrive in a week. There are two facts the voters in New York State should be aware of: most individuals have already made up their mind as to who they will support, and (unfortunately?) their vote will not count since the liberal-leaning electorate will once again insure the Democratic candidate will win. Despite this, I feel obligated to briefly discuss eleven points that should be of concern to the voters.
- Election Integrity. The present Administration has used the federal court system to block
and/or overturn those states attempting to strengthen and maintain election integrity. I seem to remember problems in Philadelphia with the Black Panthers during Election Day 2008 that the Administration ignored. I believe the election laws should be expanded to require only those demonstrating a reasonable knowledge of current affairs be allowed to vote. I also believe Trump represents a significant danger to career politicians (and the mainstream media). And what about the government’s bribes via all the welfare programs (phones, food, free education and healthcare, citizen eligibility, etc.). Seems our elected officials only seem concerned with their party and the next election. I just wish that, as recently reported, engineers and scientists have “perfected” lie detector systems. Can you imagine the effect this would have on BHO, Hillary, Bubba, lawyers, and others of their ilk?
- Illegal Immigration. The current Administration seems more concerned about illegal immigrants and criminals than law-abiding citizens. Letting illegal immigrants into the country hurts the economy, drives down wages for lower and middle class workers, increases homeland risks, and brings about change to our country.
- Global Warming. Scientific and engineering data/information is important. Conclusions reached by those scientists and engineers whose career and livelihood depend on the need for a global warming to exist is just plain insane. Approximately 80% of my colleagues in the environmental field with no axe to grind believe there is no certainty that this is a man-made problem. In effect, it is a scam begin perpetrated by BHO, liberals, Democrats and fanatical environmentalists. What I do believe is that good things will happen to jobs, our economy, etc., if we allow the country to move to energy independence if there is greater reliance on fossil fuels.
- I need to personalize this. There is no need for the working class to pay the health insurance for those who refuse to work or are in the country illegally. Our insurance rates have gone up dramatically and we are receiving less coverage. Furthermore, talk to any small business owner and they will tell you that Obamacare is a detriment to business success. This plan is a perfect example of what happens when governments get into the business of business-related activities.
- Safety and Security. Appease, appease, and appease, has created massive safety and security problems. Black Lives Matter has significantly and senselessly worsened race relations. So has BHO. Implementing stronger gun control laws will only drive the evil-doers to bombs, chemicals, nuclear options, etc. The Dallas Cop Massacre by a sniper resulted in BHO blaming the criminal justice system. The confrontational conduct of blacks has created the so-called “police” problem. And, the immigration problem and Obama’s senseless early release of hardened criminals has only exacerbated the issue.
- Government Overreach. Czars? Executive fiat? What’s happened to our government and constitution? BHO has redefined the residency status of millions and negotiated arms control treaties. It is fair to say that “the legislative authority necessarily predominates. The other two branches of government should come to grips with this statement”. Unfortunately, we can expect more of the same with either Trump or Hillary. I believe excessive executive action and executive fiat was simply not in the thoughts of our forefathers. Bypassing Congress was also not in the cards. And, ignoring the Consititution – “…the laws be forcefully executed…” – was also not in their thoughts. Controversial executive actions have been the rule with the present Administration. Unfortunately, there are those who are committed to changing America although it appears no change is needed. The Constitution designed a system where conflicts could be resolved by debate(s), and where the decisions of the majority would prevail. And, here’s something to ponder: Why does our government have trouble finding documents, delays turning over files and information, and even refuses to turn over files? Does the promise of transparency BHO promised come into play here?
- Economic Turnaround. It’s simple. Unleash our fossil fuel reserves and the economy will indeed turn around. This includes both coal and fracking. We have it in our power to release our near unlimited fossil fuel reserves. However, I really doubt Trump’s claims that jobs overseas will return. One thing is for certain: There is nothing that can beat democracy, capitalism, and free enterprise; I’m living proof of this statement since I was born and raised in the slums of New York City. The liberal’s welfare program (starting with FDR) has successfully lured the vulnerable into a lifetime of dependency via entitlement programs, stranding them in a misery from which there is no escape. These policies have allowed the liberals to accommodate the vulnerable at the expense of society while moving toward a government with near unlimited power.
- Foreign Policy. O’Reilly said it best: “Aggressive conduct, if allowed to grow unchecked and unchallenged, ultimately leads to war.” HBO’s three words describe the foreign policy of BHO and Hillary: failure, failure, and yes, more failure. Both are not aware of history and both can’t seem to do anything right. They just appear to be wrong nearly every time and on nearly every issue. Here’s my summary of their performance: bumbling, mishandling, total incompetence, and blatent insanity. We are the world’s last and only hope: evil exists in the world and only a benevolent superpower will be able to contain BHO’s JV team and their ilk. These two appear willing to accept slaughter, mass graves, etc. There will be disastrous consequences associated with American weakness. War is hell but peace can be significantly worse. Something for those like BHO with a Neville Chamberlain mentality to think about.
- Un-American Activities. I’m a Greek-American…and proud of it. But I am an American first. I love my country and am lucky to be an American. But, many of my friends, colleagues, and relatives don’t feel as I do. They simply do not fit into my standard of what I would describe as an American. For me, Barack Hussein Obama is not an American. Neither is Hillary. Or Reid. Or Pelosi. Or…We do not need a change in government – what we desperately need is a change in the mentality of those elected to serve us. We do not need Bubba and Hillary (two thoroughly rotten individuals) involved in government. We do not need Comey – a BHO hack, running the FBI. We do not need Lynch – another BHO hack, running the Justice Department (remember her ½ hour meeting with Bubba on a plane?). I remember BHO describing Lynch as “tough, fair and independent” your author would describe her as “unfair, biased and another BHO stooge”. It might help if some (if not all) of the above be required to periodically take lie detector tests. We know for certain that BHO, Hillary and Bubba readings would be off the charts.
- The Police. For me, the only reason our great nation has not plunged into chaos and anarchy is, simply put, the police. Unlike elected officials, democrats, and fanatical liberals, the police have stood rock solid in terms of their principles, and refused to buy in to this PC mania and liberal media insanity. The police can do no wrong as far as I’m concerned. I’m certain a cop will never shoot me because if stopped, I will not be confrontational. And, another thing, I won’t be carrying a gun. Bottom line: stop being confrontational and do not carry a gun and the shootings of blacks by cops will end. And so, who do you think will support our last defense against anarchy?
- The Media. There is an organized conspiracy to derail Trump. And, it’s not just the media. It’s Hollywood, TV, radio, the Democrats, the Republicans, the White House, plus Obama, Hillary and Bubba and their accomplices, labor, fanatical feminists, the U.N., fanatical environmentalists, Black activists, academia . . . the list goes on. It is affectively, David against Goliath, or, even better, Trump against the world. How is this possible when over 40% of the electorate support Trump? If it’s not a conspiracy, then what is it? You want proof? Just check the headlines of The New York Times on a daily basis. Folks, our government and our country has succumbed to corruption—there’s a cesspool in Washington, D.C. and “things” are rigged; the three keystones and backbone of oversight set up by our forefathers through the media, FBI, and attorney general have disappeared.
If there is to be a twelfth issue, it would be labeled remaining issues and would be concerned with qualities our next leader should possess. Here’s my eight-point list.
- Understand how to run basic business and apply economic principles in order to efficiently run the government.
- Have a track record of pristine personal conduct.
- Have a track record of pristine financial conduct.
- Approach the immigration issue according to law with compassion without cheating the Latino community.
- Understand the role of America in foreign policy.
- Be prepared to essentially gut the present healthcare plan and replace it with a sound, intelligent program that is cost-effective to working Americans.
- Put an end to this nonsense about a “war on women”.
- Understand the need to stop the rampant lying of manipulation and cheating that has permeated both our government and society.
What’s the bottom line? I would vote for Putin or one of the Ayatollahs before voting for Hillary…voting for Hillary is simply insane. When the Republican primary started, I had Carson on top and Trump 17th. If there were another primary today, I would have Trump on top. He is the man – our only hope for a return to traditional American values. This election is about those who really DO love our country and those who DON’T. In the final analysis, WikiLeaks proved beyond a doubt that Trump’s claims about Hillary and Bubba were true . . . and, it appears that 50% of the electorate—some of whom have IQs to match their age—plan to base their vote on hearsay comments from Trump’s past rather than their (and their loved one’s) future. And, it is just a matter of time before everyone will realize that corruption reigns at every level of government-including the once untouchables that include the aforementioned Attorney General and the FBI.
Visit the author on his Facebook page @ Basketball Coaching 101
NEXT POSTINGS: (tentative):
DECEMBER 1: On the 2016-17 Hofstra Basketball Season
JANUARY 1: On Purely Chaste, Pristine, and Random Thoughts XXIV
FEBRUARY 1: On the Ideal Diet—That Works.