AUGUST 1, 2018
I can’t believe there have already been 26 of these. Here is another set (20) of my thoughts on a host of topics. Hopefully, the reader will not find any of the comments below offensive.
- Any of the readers familiar with my books? A “fan” recently emailed me on my new book: I’ll waste no time reading it.”
- I’m working on two processes to get safe drinking water from the sea. Sounds simple. All you have to do is separate out the salt.
- Anyone ever think of starting a business that would provide a service of placing your pet(s) while one is away with others who have pets at a nominal fee (I would call it Vacation Exchange of Pets, VEP).
- Just finished reading O’Reilly’s “Killing the Rising Sun”. The fanatical conduct of not only the Japanese leaders and military, but also those at home during the war was unforgiveable. I’m going to have trouble buying Japanese products from now on. I can also understand the logic behind the unfortunate interning of Japanese-Americans.
- Are the Democrats or the Republicans in Nassau County more corrupt? I think it’s a tie. They have all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.
- Trump truly has many attributes. But, at times, he ought to give some thought to the gift of silence.
- I still can’t believe the number of walks given up by major league pitchers. The key to being a great pitcher is to not walk batters.
- I also still can’t believe that batters don’t run out ground balls and fly balls.
- The key to good health is walking and drinking water.
- Just published my 115th book. This one’s titled “Introduction to Mathematical Methods for Environmental Engineers and Scientists.” It was coauthored by Chuck Prochaska, a graduate student at Manhattan College.
- Kelly Behan, a junior structural engineering student studied at Buffalo and a resident of Mineola, is the coauthor of our soon to be released book “Introduction to Optimization for Environmental and Chemical Engineers.” Kelly is presently interning with Turner Construction and previously served as the editorial manager on my “Basketball Coaching 101” book.
- I still maintain that environmentalists have become a liability to our society. Their fanatical conduct is simply not acceptable.
- The Queen and I received a standing ovation at the recent annual Air and Waste Management Association awards luncheon in Hartford, Connecticut.
- I can’t believe the widespread hatred for our spoiled egomaniac billionaire playboy president. It just doesn’t make sense, given what he has accomplished in 18 months.
- Dining out has become ridiculously expensive. The tax and tip increases your bill by approximately 30%.
- Dining out? Be prepared to get ripped off if you “drink.” Two bloody Marys at Morton’s cost $33…and that doesn’t include the tax and tip.
- I keep hoping things will be “resolved” in Noko, Iran, Israel, Syria, China and Russia. Am I asking and hoping for too much?
- What happened to our Mets?
- The New York Giants are doomed with Manning.
- I’m planning to do another edition (IV) on Great Eats. The next one will key on casinos.That’s it, folks. I’ll be back with another “random” in 6 months.www.theodorenewsletter.com.
Visit the author at:
on his Facebook page at Basketball Coaching 101
SEPTEMBER 1: On the New York Racing Association III
OCTOBER 1: On “Basketball Coaching 1010” II
NOVEMBER 1: On the OHI Day III
DECEMBER 1: On the 2018-19 Hofstra Men’s Basketball Team
JANUARY 1: On Purely Chaste, Pristine, and Random Thoughts XXVII
Cuz, you’re back from Greece!!!! Will try to call you some evening this week. Loved some of your thoughts in this Newsletter.
On Wed, Aug 1, 2018, 1:03 AM The Theodore Newsletter wrote:
> The Theodore Newsletter posted: ” AUGUST 1, 2018 I can’t believe there > have already been 26 of these. Here is another set (20) of my thoughts on a > host of topics. Hopefully, the reader will not find any of the comments > below offensive. Any of the readers familiar with m” >