February 1, 2017
No one has recently requested my thoughts on life in general. It’s hard to believe, but it’s true. Notwithstanding this embarrassing dilemma, I am forging ahead with a host of points of potential interest to the Newsletter readers. However before proceeding, I need to bring one interesting fact to those with interests in the U.S. economy.
Here is a list of the percentage of recent past president’s cabinets who had previously worked in the private sector:
FDR 50% Eisenhower 57%
Truman 50% Nixon 53%
Kennedy 30% Ford 42%
Johnson 47% Reagan 56%
Carter 32% G. H. Bush 51%
Clinton 39% G. W. Bush 55%
Obama 8% Trump ??
The left column are/were Democrats. Is the difference statistically significant? You be the judge. Obama never worked for a corporation, never really had a job, and his cabinet came primarily (92%) from academia, governmental “non-profit” groups, and community organizers. Perhaps this explains our nation’s current economic state of affairs.
Back to the standard one-liners; here’s 2 dozen of them.
- Watching cable news has been pure entertainment since the election. The liberals are a comedy group but, I’ll say this – and this may sound like Michelle – I’ve never felt more proud of our country.
- The liberal media continues to berate and insult Trump. They can’t find anything right/good about him. After all, he is going to reduce health care costs, eliminate sanctuary cities, address the anarchy dilemma, help solve infrastructure problems, etc.
- I hope this Administration will somehow pass an Amendment to the Constitution that will require that voters possess reasonable intelligence, be aware of current events, and speak, read, and understand English.
- Hopefully, disdain (and perhaps hatred) for the working class, military, and police will come to an end with Trump as president.
- Which three states have more people on welfare than they do employed? [If you guessed California, Illinois, and New York, you would be right. Surprise, surprise.]
- I shudder to think what would have happened to our country without Rupert Murdoch, Bill O’Reilly, Fox News, and even Roger Ailes.
- Megan Kelly turns me off – big time.
- Do I have this right? Barack Hussein Obama (BHO) is attempting to release those in jail who were planning to kill me.
- The inauguration was truly a sight to see. We are all so blessed to live in the USA.
- My parents worked hard for their money. I worked hard (well, sort of… remember, I’m a teacher) for my money. No one gave us anything. Why am I now being asked to provide health care and education for people who do not want to work and/or have no legal right to be here?
- I sell and bill myself as the foremost environmental authority in the world. (Modesty isn’t my middle name.) I can tell one and all that Al Gore’s preaching on global warming is a scam. His/the proposed carbon tax would bankrupt our nation.
- Forget about the fact that both the Hill and Bubba are involved in criminal enterprises. BOTH ARE TRAITORS!
- Seven years ago, I wrote: “Despite his shortcomings, rooting for Obama is appropriate because we are Americans. Let’s not carry on like the Bush haters.”
- World Series play in freezing weather is both insane and a disgrace.
- Advertisements abound that make the white male look like a fool.
- I’m still trying to get Jack Powers into the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame in Springfield, MA.
- My latest undertaking is to write a book about optimization – a subject I know absolutely nothing about.
- Football, with its concussion dilemma, is a dying sport.
- Perhaps mankind’s greatest miracle occurred when Churchill chose (like the people of Greece) not to submit to the Nazi “hurricane.”
- I’m still on a diet that will be “featured” next month
- Hopefully, Trump will stop the lies, the deceit, the manipulations, etc., in government and will finally be replaced by the transparency BHO promised 8 years ago.
- Good riddance to Meg Kelly at Fox. She’s a flaming liberal masquerading as a moderate.
- Geraldo Rivera has joined my 20 $ club. I’m prepared to pay 20 $ to put my left shoe up his rear end. He’s another flaming liberal masquerading as a moderate. Even worse, he is a totally full of horse manure guy. His conduct during the inauguration was disgusting.
- I’ve had multiple requests for a follow-up on my earlier article titled “On Great Eats.”
Is that it? Not quite. Earlier, I got to see BHO’s “Farewell” address in Chicago where he teary-eyed and blatantly lied non-stop about his (and Michelle’s and Biden’s) accomplishments over the past 8 years; he chose not to mention the carnage that occurs in his home city of Chicago and hundreds of thousands that died in the Middle East due to his deficient policies. He took time to, once again, lecture us, and then frantically attempted to rewrite history before the historians set his legacy of numerous massive failures in stone. Unfortunately, he won’t go away and will continue to attempt to undermine our new president. His last actions involved releasing hundreds of drug dealers, traitors and societal misfits. What a guy!
Visit the author at:
www.theodorenewsletter.com or on his Facebook page at Basketball Coaching 101
MARCH 1: On the Ideal Diet—That Works
APRIL 1: Hofstra Basketball 2017 Revisited
MAY 1: On the EWSD Budget Vote
JUNE 1: On Great Eats II