June 1, 2016
As the winds of war were approaching a Category 5 hurricane during the late 1930’s and early 1940’s, there were two political camps in our nation: one favored isolation and the other was anti-isolation. The isolationists either refused to believe or ignored the atrocities being committed by the Nazis against Jews, Poles, and (soon after) the Russians, and the Japanese against the Koreans, Chinese, and other southeastern Asian people. It is now widely accepted that this ideology led to the death and suffering of millions of innocent people; earlier intervention could have unquestionably prevented this. The isolationists chose to look the other way for fear of shedding American blood on foreign soil. Joining these isolationists was England’s Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain. However, former Secretary of State Henry Stimson detested the isolationists. He warned that “lawlessness in the international order did not confine itself to a few spots; if not contained, like fire, it sparked and flared outward until it burned everything around it.” Few were ready to heed his warning.
What subsequently occurred is now history, and it is Winston Churchill (my hands-down selection for Man of the 20th Century) that we now have to thank for both our survival and current way of life. Keep in mind that we, as a nation, have a past history of ignoring danger, of underestimating evil forces, and of lacking discipline and resolve.
When growing up, I was told in school that we can learn a lot from history. Have our current leaders learned anything from history? You be the judge. But, I believe Barack Hussein Obama (BHO) is the second coming of Neville Chamberlain. Thanks to BHO, with his reckless and insane policies, the world today is fast approaching the equivalent of WWIII. At a minimum, this supposed man of peace has wrought devastation on the Middle East and Eastern Europe. Some people simply can’t handle certain jobs. BHO is one such individual. One can only hope that his conduct and actions will be corrected in the very near future.
But there is more, and that is what this 5th article on BHO is all about. It seems that anything this guy touches or gets involved with either goes wrong or turns out to be a disaster. The guy is absolutely uncanny. And yes, for those who faithfully read this newsletter, there were the 7 articles in 2009-10 detailing that BHO is (1) dumb; (2) lazy; (3) un-American, (4) corrupt; (5) lying; (6) racist; (7) egomaniac; and, believe I could prove in a court of law that (1) – (7) were in fact true.
Did I mention that there is more? Here are some notes from my BHO files since the BHO IV article last year.
- Bergdahl debacle;
- Left equipment in Iraq;
- Returned troops to Iraq;
- Joe Biden (talk about dumb people) claims victory in Iraq;
- ISIS continues to operate;
- ISIS continues to expand;
- Requires political correctness in military;
- Many military feel a sense of betrayal;
- Many can’t understand how some serve in the military with BHO at the helm;
- The “red line in the sand” comment refuses to go away;
- Turned the military into a social experiment;
- The dismantling of the military;
- Refused to take steps to stop Putin in the Ukraine;
- Refused to take steps to stop China in the China Sea;
- Signed a nuclear deal that will not prevent Iran from becoming a nuclear power;
- Provided Iran with 150 billion dollars on a no-strings-attached basis;
- Released Guantanimo inmates who reportedly later killed Americans;
- How can a supposed constitutional scholar refer to the 57 states?;
- How can a supposed constitutional scholar refer to the corps as corpse?;
- Continues to miss many daily meetings;
- Continues to ignore earlier Black Panther voting violations;
- Told O’Reilly there was “not a smidgen of evidence” concerning the IRS/Lois Lerner conduct;
- Maintains that health costs will be cheaper;
- Maintains you can keep your doctor;
- Palled around with the Castros;
- Played golf immediately after a recent massacre;
- Attended a basketball game after a recent massacre;
- Continues to divide our people;
- Refuses to condemn the Black Lives Matter conduct and has instead embraced them;
- Provided reduced sentences for convicted drug dealers;
- Supports sanctuary cities;
- Refused to support Kate’s Law;
- Opposed to all forms of firearms;
- Opposed to all forms of fracking;
- Blanket support of economically disastrous climate change policies;
- Supports regulations that are crippling small businesses;
- Supports regulations that are stifling jobs;
- Continues to ignore his rejection of the bipartisan Simpson-Bowles Commission report that he requested;
- His domestic policies will ultimately allow democracy and the constitution to be slain in the name of democracy and the constitution;
- There are problems for those who do not share BHO’s views; and,
- Continues to claim that relations with Israel have never been better.
Here is a bit more. Although not totally a fan of Trump, he and O’Reilly have it right claiming the media is corrupt. Here is an example of what we are fighting. A recent New York Times article titled, “Eight Years after the Crash” noted that “unemployment is at 5 percent, deficits are down, and the Obama economy is growing”. Of course unemployment is not at 5 percent, the deficit is approaching 20 trillion dollars, and despite capitalism – where downturns are almost immediately corrected – the economy is still stagnant.
My apologies if I’ve overdone it with BHO.
Visit the author on his Facebook page at Basketball Coaching 101
NEXT POSTINGS: (tentative):
JULY 1: On Financial Inequity I
AUGUST 1: On Financial Inequity II
SEPTEMBER 1: On the Nesmith Basketball Hall of Fame
OCTOBER 1: On the OHI Day IV
NOVEMBER 1: On “THE” Election
DECEMBER 1: On the 2016-17 Hofstra Basketball Season
JANUARY 1: One Purely Chaste, Pristine and Random Thoughts XXIV