September 1, 2014
It’s hard to believe, but I’ve lost track of what is the actual issue of this “On Purely Chast, Pristine and Random Thoughts” article. It may be the XXth issue, but then again, it might be the XXI; I’m settled on XXI. Here are 25 Thoughts:
* Flying has become a chore. My recent return flight from Long Beach, CA took 11 hours – not including a 1-hour wait for baggage.
* Currently writing my 102nd book entitled “Basketball Coaching 101.” Anyone interested in contributing can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org; I’m looking for individuals who know something about the game.
* This will be my 59th straight year of visiting Saratoga for the racing meet. It has become a bad habit and we now limit the trip to an Albany stopover.
* My most recent book was concerned with the need to develop a meaningful national energy policy; (see August Newsletter article) the book was dedicated to Governor Mike Huckabee.
* This is a true story. It took me nearly 3 days to complete and submit my taxes. Guess what? Last month, New York State requested I submit payment for the taxes owed. Since I have a cancelled check that the NYS cashed, I called to complain, but it is impossible to get through to them.
* Sometime back, Barack Hussein Obama (BHO) was attempting to release those in jail who were planning to kill me; and instead, he was attempting to put in jail Americans who put those in jail who were attempting to kill me.
* I do my best, but still get confused on a regular basis.
* I’m still trying to figure out what purpose the USDOE (Department of Energy) serves. Dissolving this useless organization might help balance the budget.
* I have often been required to provide security checks for my students applying for “sensitive” government jobs. Based on these interviews, I don’t believe BHO would be hired since he would not receive security clearance. And, this is our Commander-in-Chief*?!
* I’m a student of history. Socialism failed under FDR (it was WWII that got us out of the depression). Socialism failed under Johnson. Socialism failed under Carter Socialism failed in California. Socialism has failed in several European countries. Socialism has failed in several African countries. Many of these countries have gone (or are going) bankrupt. Can anyone tell me when high taxes, big government, massive spending, income/wealth distribution, and committing people to a lifetime of dependency through entitlement has worked?
* My parents worked hard for their money. I worked hard (well, sort of… remember, I was a teacher) for my money. No one gave us anything. Why am I now being asked to provide healthcare and education for people who do not want to work and/or have no legal right to be here?
* I sell and bill myself as the foremost environmental authority in the world (modesty isn’t my middle name).
* When are we going to get school tax relief?
* Just finished reading “Wilson” by Scott Berg. Although the quintessential liberal and pacifist, we need more leaders like him.
* Seems to me that BHO has forgotten his pledge to uphold the Constitution.
* If there isn’t a “smidgen” of evidence of any IRS wrongdoing, why did Lois Lerner take the fifth?
* The three most corrupt organizations in the U.S. are the government, the NCAA and NYRA.
* The three most corrupt individuals in the U.S. are BHO, Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton.
* The three dumbest individuals in the U.S. (in responsible positions) are BHO, Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi.
* Climate change is one of the all-time great scams perpetrated on the public.
* I grew up with Gabriel Heater and The Lone Ranger on radio, and rooting for the Yankees and Knicks. Now, the first two are gone and I root against the latter two.
* It may be because my ancestors were Greek but lamb is, by far and away, the best meat.
* I still have trouble sleeping every night. Can anyone help?
* Jones Beach (#6) was recently closed; ouch!! I believe it is the most beautiful beach in the world.
* Seems to me that young people are still having a tough time getting jobs.
On Purely … Thoughts will return in early 2015 with issue XXII. In the meantime, enjoy what’s left of this year.
NEXT POSTINGS: (tentative)
OCTOBER 1: On Barack Hussein Obama Update IV
NOVEMBER 1: On Paying Student-Athletes II
DECEMBER 1: On Hofstra Men’s Basketball: 2014-15 Season
JANUARY 1: On Football Boxes
FEBRUARY 1: On Great Eats